Good day to you!
Below please find my instruction on how to create a user in Windows operating system. It is suitable for any modern Windows version: 7, 8, 8.1 and 10.
In Windows versions 8, 8.1 and 10 they try to make a user create a Microsoft account, which is not recommended unless necessary. In this article we will touch upon only standard Windows accounts; this is the type of account one usually needs to create.
How to create a user in Windows 7:
1. On your desktop, press a key combination Windows + R. If you do not know what Windows button looks like or you have none, please see our special article: "Win" key: How does it look like, what to do if It's not working.
2. In the appeared window, type “control.exe” and press Enter:
By this action we opened “Control panel” – a classic Windows application, which looks the same in any version of this operating system.
3. In the top right search box, type “Create an account”, then click “Create an account” in the appeared menu as the picture shows:
4. In a new window, type a new account’s name and press “Create account” button:
If you don’t know, whether you need to grant this account the administrator permission or you have no idea what it is – then select “Standard user”. That’s it, a new user has been created in Windows 7!
How to create a user in Windows 10 (8, 8.1):
1. From the desktop, click “Start” button and select “Settings” from the menu:
2. In “Settings” window, select “Accounts” and in the appeared window proceed to “Family and other users” and press “Add someone else to this PC” button:
3. In a new window, press “I don’t have this person’s sign-in information” at the bottom.
4. In the next window, click at the bottom “Add a user without a Microsoft account”.
5. And at last we have an opportunity to fill in a new user’s information:
Type in the name, password and password hint and click “Next”.
That’s it, a new user has been created in Windows 10!
If you have any questions or need details – just ask!