According to the recipe, the active cooking stage for potatoes with bacon will take 15-20 minutes, with additional 30-40 minutes of baking the potatoes in an oven.
For two servings you will need:
- 6 large potatoes;
- 150 grams of bacon or brisket;
- Salt and pepper.
Moreover, you will need a baking pan and a roasting sleeve.
Oven-baked potatoes with bacon
1. Slice bacon as thin as possible. The thinner it is, the easier it will be to put it into the potatoes:
It makes sense to buy thin bacon slices. But be careful, as packed bacon slices very often turn out to be of poor quality, which will make the dish not so tasty.
2. Peel potatoes, make deep cuts in each potato, as the picture shows:
The cuts should average to 3/4 of a potato’s depth. If the cuts are too deep, potatoes may fall into pieces, if, on the contrary, too shallow – you won’t be able to put bacon pieces into it.
3. Put bacon or brisket pieces into the cuts. The more bacon you will manage to stuff, the tastier the dish will be:
4. Spray salt and pepper to taste on the potatoes with bacon. Keep in mind that bacon itself can be salty; therefore, give it a try and then decide how much salt you will need.
5. Carefully put the prepared potatoes into a roasting sleeve, knot it, pierce in the upper part and put on a backing pan:
6. Bake the potatoes for 30 minutes at a temperature of 180 degrees, then, cut away the upper part of the sleeve and bake for another 10 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees (to make a mouthwatering crust on the top):
7. Serve the ready potatoes on the plates:
Enjoy your meal!
If you have any questions or need more details - please, ask a question or leave a comment.