Why you need to limit the functionality of the iPhone or iPad
Restrictions protect most important settings from unauthorized changes. This is very convenient if, for example, the device is freely available to many people or a child. For example, a child can be prevented from installing new apps or, most importantly, from making purchases in apps.
How to enable and configure restrictions on the iPhone or iPad
To enable restrictions on the iPhone or iPad, go to "Settings" -> "General" -> "Restrictions" -> "Enable Restrictions". At the first input, it is necessary to think up and enter the password twice:
It is very important to remember this password. After that, you can adjust the restrictions, here are the main ones:
- Prevent the use of the Safari browser, camera, Siri or Facetime;
- Prevent installation / uninstallation of programs;
- Prevent in-built purchases in applications;
- Banning visits to certain sites, you can specify the list of sites allowed to visit;
- Prohibition of changing the Apple ID account;
- The prohibition of raising the volume above a preset level.
To customize the restrictions, you will need to enter the password you set up earlier. But what if you forgot it? Read about it in the final part of this article.
How to remove the restrictions password on the iPhone?
Without knowing the password, you cannot remove the restrictions, so you will have to reset the device to the default settings. Be sure to make a backup of your data before the reset, otherwise they may be lost.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our help desk!