This is a fairly common problem, in most cases it can be solved very simply. In this article I am going to discuss about the most popular way to fix error "no connection retry" in the Google Play Store.
Fix the error "no connection retry" in Google Play Store:
1. Go to the settings of your Android device, when click on "Applications" and "Application manager", scroll to "ALL" tab. Look at these applications - Google Play Store, Google Services Framework and Google Play services:
2. Click on each of these applications, press on "Force stop", "Uninstall updates", "Clear data" and "Clear cache" buttons in the "Application info" window successively:
3. Go to the device settings -> Accounts -> Google. Click on each account name in the list and turn off all of the checkboxes:
4. Reboot the device.
5. Go to device settings again, choice menus Settings -> Accounts -> Google. Click on each account name in the list and turn on all of the checkboxes.
6. Reboot the device.
7. After that, the error will be fixed. The Google Play Store is working properly now.
If this guide does not help, you need to reset your device to the factory settings. Prior to this action, you should to backup all of your data on your Android device.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our help desk!