Pros and cons of green tea:
Green tea has great health benefits, but in some cases can bring harm to the body as well. In general the same can be said about any food or beverage, including alcohol. What really matters is the amounts of its intake. Below I will discuss all the benefits of green tea and talk about the dangers. It’s up to you to decide whether to drink this beverage or not.
The benefits of green tea:
- Green tea has a tonic effect on the body, invigorates and relieves drowsiness, allows better focus. Its effects on the body are very similar to those of coffee, I wrote about pros and cons of coffee earlier.
- Green tea contains many vitamins and minerals, and has great overall health effects on the human body.
- Drinking green tea has a positive impact on the metabolism, so it is recommended to people who want to lose weight. Of course, it’s not the only condition to follow in order to lose weight, so don’t trust advertising.
- Some doctors recommend green tea for the prevention of various diseases (such as cancer, stroke, diabetes). This is true to a certain extent, but only because of the general health effects.
Cons of green tea:
- The benefits of green tea are exaggerated and influenced by advertising. Many scammers sell special green tea from various diseases (and even tea from smoking and alcoholism). Buying such a product you will lose money and won’t ever get the desired effect.
- Green tea is harmful to the body in large amounts, since it actively affects the nervous system. Abusing green tea you can get a whole bunch of unpleasant symptoms, such as insomnia, headaches, irritability and even a nervous breakdown in very advanced cases.
- Green tea contains a lot of active substances, so it is not recommended to drink it on an empty stomach, as this can lead to ulcers.
To sum up - be sure to drink green tea! But do not believe doubtful advertising and do not drink it too much, and everything will be fine.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our help desk!